How do I de-register a firearm that I have exported to another country?

To de-register a firearm that is no longer in Canada, send a written notice to Canada Firearm Center, box 1200, Mirimichi, NB E1N 503. With your notice, please indicate the following:

-Your full name and firearms license number,

-The registration certificate number and firearms identification number of the firearm, as indicated on the registration certificate, and

- Proof that the firearm is no longer in Canada ( for example, a photocopy of the import document from the other country).

Please note that you may need an export permit to take or send a firearm to another country. For more information and to obtain an application form, contact the Export Controls Division of the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade at 1-800-267-8376.

More Firearms Related Questions and Answers